The first batch of undergraduate majors in national strategic emerging industries
Energy chemical engineering is one of the first batch of undergraduate programs in national strategic emerging industries approved by the Ministry of education in 2010. It is established to accelerate China's energy development, solve energy problems and meet the national major energy strategic needs. It covers renewable energy power generation, petroleum refining and petrochemical, chemical energy storage and energy conversion, biomass energy and hydrogen energy, etcInterdisciplinary in energy, chemical industry, environment and materials.
The discipline of "chemical engineering and technology" supported by the major of energy chemical engineering in Guangdong University of technology is the key discipline of "211 Project" in Guangdong Province. It has been selected as the dominant key discipline of Guangdong Province and the construction discipline of high-level university in Guangdong Province. It has a first-class discipline doctoral program and a post doctoral mobile station. It has been rated B (top 25%) in the fourth round of national discipline evaluation.At the same time, the major of engineering, chemistry, materials science and environmental science of Guangdong University of technology takes the complete new energy industry chain and abundant biomass resources as the background, applies green synthesis and energy-saving technology in the fields of new energy, new materials, energy conservation and environmental protection, adjusts the chemical industrial structure of Guangdong Province, improves the added value of products, enhances the international competitiveness, and realizes the industrial chainThe research and application of electrochemical energy storage, biomass energy and hydrogen energy will be focused on./All the ecological disciplines are in the top 1% of ESI global disciplines.
The major of energy chemical engineering has a strong teaching staff with 17 teaching staff, including 3 professors, 6 associate professors and 8 lecturers. The number of teachers with doctor's degree accounts for the proportion of teachers with doctor's degreeThe proportion of teachers with overseas study experience has basically formed a discipline echelon with high-level talents as the discipline leaders and doctors as the backbone.Over the past five years, full-time teachers have undertaken more than 20 national scientific research projects, more than 20 provincial and municipal scientific research projects, and more than 10 horizontal projects of enterprises. They have published more than 300 scientific research papers and applied for more than 100 patents.100%82%
This major has good teaching facilities and research platform, and can rely on the "National Undergraduate Engineering Education Center", "national virtual simulation laboratory teaching demonstration center", "Guangzhou Key Laboratory of clean transportation energy chemistry" and other high-level technology research and development centers established by national, provincial and ministerial level scientific platforms and enterprises.
Specialty training features:
1.Guided by the energy development strategy of Guangdong Province, this major is characterized by "meeting the needs of regional economic construction and social development; attaching importance to engineering practice and emphasizing innovation ability".
2.The system of "modular curriculum structure of professional direction based on core courses of energy and chemical engineering" is constructed in this major, which lays a solid foundation for cultivating students' scientific thinking method, acquiring new knowledge ability or engaging in other professional work. By setting up modular elective course system, students can undertake the research in energy storage and conversion, new energy, chemical energy conservation and other fieldsDesign, development, production and management.
3.The curriculum system of this major emphasizes the connection of science, technology and engineering, increases comprehensive and innovative experiments, focuses on the practical teaching links such as cognition practice, production practice and graduation design (Thesis), strengthens the training of practical teaching and engineering technology, cultivates students' self-learning ability, and gives students more space and opportunities to participate in practice, aiming at improving students' major in an all-round waySkills and scientific research ability.
Facing the strategic needs of energy development of the country (especially in Guangdong Province), this major cultivates students with healthy body and mind, good humanities and scientific literacy, correct values, high sense of social responsibility and international vision, solid basic knowledge and basic skills of energy chemical engineering and related disciplines, strong sense of innovation and Entrepreneurship and team spiritEngaged in the field of energy-saving equipment design, process control and other related fields.The graduates will achieve the following goals in about 5 years:
Objective 1:Have humanities and social science literacy, and be able to understand and solve engineering problems in energy and chemical industry and related fields from the perspectives of social responsibility, legal and moral cultivation, safety and environmental protection awareness and technical economy.
Objective 2:Have solid technical knowledge of energy chemical engineering, and be able to systematically study, analyze and solve scientific and engineering problems in energy chemical industry and related fields such as chemical power supply and biomass energy.
Goal 3:Have the ability of independent work and teamwork, and can effectively communicate with colleagues, customers and the public.
Goal 4:With innovative consciousness and international vision, adapt to the development needs of energy and chemical industry in lifelong learning, career development, competitiveness and management ability.
1. Engineering knowledge:Be able to use mathematics, natural science, engineering foundation and professional knowledge to solve complex engineering problems of energy and chemical industry.
2. Problem analysis:Be able to apply the basic principles of mathematics, natural science and Engineering Science, and through literature research, identify, express and analyze the complex engineering problems of energy and chemical industry, so as to obtain effective conclusions.
3. Design / development solutions:Be able to design solutions for complex energy chemical engineering problems, design units, systems or process flows that meet specific needs, and embody innovation consciousness in the design process, and consider social, health, safety, law, culture and environment factors.
4. Research:Based on scientific principles and scientific methods, the complex engineering problems of energy and chemical industry can be studied, including making plans, designing experiments, analyzing and interpreting data, and obtaining reasonable and effective conclusions through information synthesis.
5. Using modern tools:Be able to develop, select and use appropriate technologies, resources, modern engineering tools and information technology tools for complex engineering problems in energy and chemical industry, including prediction and Simulation of complex engineering problems in energy and chemical industry, and understand their limitations.
6. Engineering and society:Be able to make reasonable analysis based on engineering related background knowledge, evaluate the impact of professional engineering practice and complex energy chemical engineering problem solutions on society, health, safety, law and culture, and understand the responsibilities to be undertaken.
7. Environment and sustainable development:Be able to understand and evaluate the impact of energy chemical engineering practice on the environment and social sustainable development.
8. Professional norms:With humanistic and scientific literacy, sense of social responsibility, be able to understand and abide by engineering professional ethics and norms in engineering practice, and fulfill responsibilities.
9. Individuals and teams:Be able to play the role of individual, team member and leader in a team with multi-disciplinary background.
10. Communication:Be able to effectively communicate and communicate with peers in the industry and the public on complex engineering issues of energy and chemical industry, including writing reports and design manuscripts, making statements, clearly expressing or responding to instructions; and having a certain international perspective, being able to communicate and communicate in a cross-cultural context.
11. Project management:Understand and master the principles of engineering management and economic decision-making methods, and can be applied in a multidisciplinary environment.
12. Lifelong learning:Have the consciousness of self-learning and lifelong learning, and have the ability of continuous learning and adapting to the development of chemical engineering.
Professional basic courses:
Inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, chemical principles, chemical reaction engineering, energy chemical technology, chemical thermodynamics, energy chemical design, chemical process control, chemical separation engineering, etc.
Major elective courses:
Introduction to energy and chemical industry, energy storage and conversion technology, energy Internet and smart energy, new energy materials, chemical power supply, electrochemical engineering, foundation of energy catalysis, biomass energy technology, hydrogen energy technology, etc.
Professional characteristic courses:
Electrochemical engineering (Chinese and English), energy chemical technology (Chinese and English), Fundamentals of energy Catalysis (Chinese and English).
College physics experiment, electrical and electronic technology experiment, engineering training, analytical chemistry experiment, inorganic chemistry experiment, physical chemistry experiment, organic chemistry experiment, chemical engineering principle experiment, specialty experiment, comprehensive and innovative experiment, cognition practice, production practice, course design of chemical engineering principle, energy chemical engineering design, graduation project (Thesis), etc.
The ways to improve the comprehensive quality and ability include:
1Based on the theory of basic learning, we should combine various professional learning theories and professional practice courses to assist in the enhancement of knowledge, quality and ability through various research activities (Challenge Cup, Internet plus, Chem-E-Car, etc.).
2Through other basic theory courses, various elective courses and college activities (light chemical teacher lecture hall, etc.) to further improve students' comprehensive quality and ability.
Employment and career development of graduates
Energy security is an overall and strategic issue related to national economic and social development.The training of this major closely follows the important deployment made by the state to promote energy consumption, energy supply, energy technology and energy system revolution, as well as the frontier of scientific and Technological Development and industrial development trends. The employment covers a wide range of industries. Graduates can work in renewable energy power generation industry, electrochemical energy storage industry, biomass energy and hydrogen energy industry, design and research and development of new energy materials, andNatural gas chemical industry, solid waste comprehensive treatment industry, petrochemical industry, city gas, analysis and detection, catalyst production and research and development industries are engaged in technology development, process design, production process control, enterprise operation and management.In addition, graduates of this major can also choose to send to our university or go to famous universities at home and abroad to study for master's or doctor's degree.
Contact person: Lin Xiaoqing email:email@example.com
Professional service areas and products
Professional teachers and enterprises jointly build laboratory